Saturday, May 2, 2009

Tortellini and fresh fruit! How can you go wrong?!?!

For this weeks recipes I wanted to share my two VERY favorite spring and summer recipes. The first sounds like a lot of work and contains ingredients even I don't general have on hand but it soooooo worth it and it is amazingly beautiful with all the colors!! Just make sure you read ALL the way through before you start so you don't mess up the first time like I did!! The second pains me to share! I love it and would love to keep it my secret for ever but since I hardly entertain I thought maybe you'd like to share it with your loved ones two!! I also included a picture! So that you can see how beautiful it is=)!! I hope you try them all!!


Italian Tortellini-Vegetable Salad

1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
1 package (9 oz) refrigerated spinach-filled tortellini (When I made it I couldn't find spinach all by itself but I did find a mix of the two and just got 2 of those instead)
2 cups small fresh cauliflower florets
2 cups small fresh broccoli florets (tip: when I made it, because I don't use a lot of cauliflower or broccoli, I just bought a bag of cauliflower and broccoli mix. You can find them next to the bags of salad or at least that is were I found it)
1 cup oil-packed Julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes (from 6.5 oz jar), drained
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
2 jars (6 oz each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped and reserving 1/4 cup liquid
1 bottle (8 oz) Italian Dressing

1. In a large saucepan, cook and drain tortellini as directed on package, adding cauliflower and broccoli during last minute of cooking time. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.

2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix sun-dried tomatoes, onion, parsley, bell pepper, and artichokes.

3. Add tortellini, cauliflower and broccoli to salad; stir gently. Add dressing and reserved 1/4 cup artichoke liquid; toss to mix. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.(tip: I did NOT us the whole bottle of dressing like it asks for Italian dressing as bit of different flavor if you aren't use to it, I love it but with the liquid from the artichoke I thought it would be to much! So I just made it the way I liked.)















JELL-O Fruit and Cookie Dream
2 containers (6 oz. each) nonfat strawberry yogurt (1-1/2 cups total)
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin
3/4 cup thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
1 cup each: blueberries, raspberries and sliced fresh strawberries (in the winter when I can't find fresh fruit I use frozen at that is AWESOME too)
6 OREO Cookies, chopped


MIX yogurt and dry gelatin mix in medium bowl until well blended.

ADD whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended.

SPOON layers of yogurt mixture, berries and chopped cookies alternately into each of six dessert dishes. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Serves Six!!

No comments:

Post a Comment